FMCA Aerial Short Courses (FLY-IN)
Date: Tuesday, January 12th – Thursday, January 14th, 2016
Where: Lee County Mosquito Control District
Buckingham Army Airfield
15191 Homestead Road
Lehigh Acres, FL, 33971
The meeting is scheduled for January 12 – 14, 2016 (Tuesday through Thursday)
at the Lee County Mosquito Control District. The meeting will start at 11:30am with
lunch with presentations starting at 1:00pm.
The US Air Force Reserve is planning on holding a "joint training session" with us (they are required to recertify all the employees involved with their programs) and they will start on Monday January 11 with classes that are more geared towards their staff rather than the general Fly-In group.
We will be accepting/requesting presentations on appropriate topics related to mosquito
control and aerial applications. If you have topic related to larvicides, adulticides,
equipment modifications, special interest stories, GIS, public relations or legislative
issues that you’d like to discuss, please contact:
2016 Aerial Short Courses DRAFT Program (PDF).
Manatee County Mosquito Control
2317 2nd. Ave. West
Palmetto, Fl 34221
The registration fee of $150 per attendee, or 10 registrations for $1000 (saving
$50 per registration) should be paid in advance by credit card, or by check at the
Online Meeting Registration is now open.
- The FMCA has contracted for a limited number of rooms at the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops.
- The rate is $139.00 per night for a King or two Doubles. Room rate is subject to 11% tax.
- Room rate includes breakfast for one person per room, complimentary parking, complimentary Wi-Fi in guest and banquet rooms and complimentary shuttle to Bell Tower Shops.
- Make sure you mention the room block being under the Florida Mosquito Control Association when you call to book: 1-800-593-5447 or 239-482-2900.
- Room Reservation Cutoff Date: 12/18/2015
Arrangements for your aircraft should be handled through Jim McKeever at 239-694-2174.